Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 8 September 2014

Lovely tweed for an Autumn jacket

I bought the last 1.5metres of this beautiful fabric from the Monday Market Man at lunchtime today.
 I've been looking for something for a while to make a simple smart jacket to wear with these purchased tan wool trousers.
 This has exactly the right colour woven into the ivory and pale aqua background along with lots of other beautiful colours. Hopefully I will be able to tackle this project once I have moved to the new house.
I have absolutely no idea what the fabric content is, but it is so very pretty and quite an open weave. It was £4 a metre which is the upper end :-)
This Autumn I want to sew a very simple jacket in this beautiful fabric, which I will then wear with my existing purchased mint green classic pintucked blouse and tan wool lined trousers.
And in even happier news it also blends beautifully with my lovely (but hard to wear) silk scarf!
Yay!!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Ruthie, I don't think you could have found a better color combination for your jacket if you had one specially designed. That fabric looks perfect! Good luck with the sewing...

Indigotiger

kbenco said...

Ooh, pretty!

. said...

I can't wait to see what you stitch up. The fabric is quite gorgeous and I also want to add a few jackets.