These are a size 18 and I think the extra leg width has been overdone for this size.
I have worn them and they are fairly comfortable but feel too much fabric, what do you think?
- carry on wearing them even though they are too wide as they are fairly comfortable.
- shorten them into culottes.
- turn them into a skirt
- recut them into a slightly slimmer leg trouser with a yoke or wider waistband
- cut new trousers from a burda pattern and cut skirt/jacket pieces from the old wide trousers
- throw them in a box and ignore them for several years.