Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Stitchers Guild Down and Other things

I love the Stitchers Guild sewing discussion board.
It has been down for a few days now, I'm not sure what the issue is, I just read something on Pattern Review where DragonLady posted yesterday saying

"Lo everyone!

I'm just popping in to let everyone know that SG is being worked on.

Please be patient, as this is happening over a holiday weekend, and everything takes time -and patience.

But I promise the hosts and I are working together to resolve the issues to bring us back online ASAP."

I've not been posting much as not had much to share really.
After Christmas/New Year was over I packed up all the holiday decorations and then got the urge to change things round a bit, so moved furniture about, changed curtains etc. This isn't finished yet but has made some progress.

I've now lost 16.5lbs so had a first go through office suitable clothes, got rid of some things I never wear, tried lots of things on and worked out what some possible outfits could be for work. A whole load of things have gone into the sewing room for repairs or minor alterations.

Whilst shopping for other items I noticed this unit which has cute button effect drawer pulls (from a bathroom storage range) and am trying to work out if there is somewhere it could go in the sewing room.
It is H63cm x W26cm x D32cm which I have measured would definitely fit underneath the table so I think I shall give myself permission to go back and get it.
(I'm trying to be a bit more concious with my shopping and really think about whether I would use something).

10 comments:

Mary OK said...

Ruthie,
Thanks for the update about Artisanssquare. I've been lurking your page, hoping that you would be in the know!

Dawn said...

Thanks from me too for posting about Stitcher's Guild. I've been stalking sewing blogs hoping somebody would know something.

LyndaSewing.blogspot.com said...

Hi Ruthie.
Thanks for the update on SG. Congrats on the weight loss! Great achievement. I love the idea of really thinking about things before you purchase them. When I was trying to cut back a bit, I would figure out how many hours of work it would take me to pay for a specific thing. Frequently I realized that I didn't want it that bad.
Hope your alterations go well!

EMC said...

I was hoping you would post something about Stitcher's Guild, but when I Googled "is Stitcher's Guild down"?, it kept finding your earlier posts. Thank you for the update!

Marji said...

Thanks Ruthie. It's still down too.
Congrats on the weight loss! I like your resolution to buy intentionally. Has made a real difference in our acquisition. After living w minimal "stuff" for several years we got used to the uncluttered life, kind of enjoy it.

Sheila said...

Thank you for the update re SG, really miss that site. Congrats on the weight loss. Drawers look good for patterns?? BlueCod

Anonymous said...

Thanks also for update, I can never find that PatternReview thread! Fingers crossed it will be resolved soon.

SewRuthie said...

The thread is here
https://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/81539/15
I don't feel like I have much to add tbh, and found the smaller size and structure of SG easier to navigate so I don't post much on PR.
There have been some changes at work and I gained some extra work as a result so I'm not sewing much nor reading sewing boards much either.

Anne said...

Well done with your weight loss. I've lost 8 lbs and I'm surprised at the difference that amount has made to the way my clothes hang. My trousers in particular are loose around the waist so are too long and I'm treading on the hem on one side.
I'm with you with more thoughtful buying.

Alison said...

Hi there Ruthie - I too really miss SG, and also agree with you about thinking before buying. That said, the button knobs are really darling, and if you have things that would be well served by such a storage solution, it might be a good thing! When I saw those drawer knobs, they reminded me of the button rug from Ikea:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70251740/