Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Simple Sewn Crafts : envelope back cushions

I make these for the charity craft stall but they are also great projects for anyone learning to sew or as gifts.
I take small remnants of attractive home dec fabric, like this heavy weight tulip print jaquard fabric, find a co-ordinating backing fabric which I use to make a simple envelope back. This one has a slightly deeper soft pink back.
Add a cushion insert (I used a standard 18" one here) and its a quick project.

These cushions are wider than they are high as I wanted to maximise the lovely fabric pieces. They have a plain off white back and custom cushion inserts made from a cheap IKEA duvet cover cut to the right size and stuffed with wadding. Making your own cushions to the size you want is really easy. I find buying cheap pillows and cutting them open is a great way of getting inexpensive wadding. If you make your own inserts you can have a cushion whatever shape and size you like which is great.

More projects tomorrow!

No comments: