Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 26 May 2017

Summer Sea: reworked blue top

So I cut all the serging off, unpicked any extra seaming, cut the hems off, cut the shoulder seams off, recut the back, and resewed and rehemmed the whole thing inside out. I left the panel seams as they were and just topstitched them to keep them in place.

I am pleased with the result. The fit is much better and the contrast level in the garment is also much better. I can imagine wearing this one. The inside is still VERY striped!

As an aside I thought ages ago about making this up with the darker softer side as the outside, but somehow allowed that gut feeling to be overcome by doing it the 'proper way'. Maybe I should've listened!

(Also wondering if I need to add a little something, button or tab or flower or .... at that point on the neckline where its pulled slightly by the panels meeting. Thoughts?)

7 comments:

Linda T said...

This re-work looks fantastic. I can definitely see why you like this version more. I'm sure it will get worn often. Your job on all your patience to make this happen!

CAN I said...

Sea glass fashioned into a pin at the eve point sprang to mind... way to go on your save!

Brenda said...

I love it! The lines are very interesting.

twotoast said...

Love the seaming! Looks great.

Carol in Denver said...

That is a great-looking top! Well done!

Eva said...

Wow, great overhaul. Like this version MUCH better. So it is never too late to listen to your inner voice...

Geoknitter said...

Another belated congrats on a great change!