Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Burgundy Sweater Knit Top

I traced a pattern from a favourite purchased jumper (sweater), then lengthened the sleeves slightly and added a neckband and cut from a remnant of sweater knit fabric bought from the Monday Market Man for £1.00!
I still need to decide on the hem treatment but I like the shaped hem a lot.
Probably not going to get back into the sewing room until Tuesday evening, so thought I would share it now.
------------------------------------------------
Update
I cleared off the table around the coverhem machine, bought some more burgundy thread, measured and pinned a 1/2" hem on the sleeves and bottom of the top and hemmed it on the machine. Photos another day.
I will now want to sew lots of things which use all that lovely burgundy thread.

4 comments:

andib said...

That monday market man has amazing fabrics!

Carol in Denver said...

That's really pretty! I think it will look nice on you.

sdBev said...

i agree with andlib, that Monday Man comes up with sme fabulous finds. Lbw the sweater.

Faye Lewis said...

Nice work. I like the shaped hem too.