Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Teal print and plain knit top

I managed to cut the front and neckband for this top out of the remnant left from the cardigan.
I placed the strong turquoise motif at the front neck. The neckband came from what was left. The sleeves and back are from a dark teal viscose knit, hopefully the mixed fibres won't be an issue for laundering later. I'm really pleased with how I was able to use up all but the smallest scraps of this pretty print fabric.

However I may not wear the top, cardigan and scarf all together!


This is the scoop neck top from New Look 6735 with the sleeves lengthened slightly. Size 18 with full bicep and forward head alterations.
This is my favourite top pattern of all time, so much that I rebought the pattern as the original was just falling apart.
So I now have 7 teal pieces sewn which has caught me slightly by suprise, though in a good way.
I have a teal lined skirt cut out but no sewing has begun yet! So that's my next project I think.

8 comments:

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com said...

Great wardrobe combo! Love the print, very classy.

Julie Culshaw said...

You get the prize for coordinating, such a good use of fabric and time to make these items. Your wardrobe all ties together.

Melwyk said...

Very nice indeed! I love how all these pieces will work together, and great use of scraps for the shirt! I'll have to keep my eyes open for this pattern, it looks really useful.

tg33 said...

Beautiful colours! Do you take an 18 in RTW? I have this pattern as well, but I haven't made it up in a while and I've 'grown'...

SewRuthie said...

A McSweeney, yes I too have 'grown' and my previous version of the pattern was cut out at a 16. This time I've cut out at an 18, with a little extra at the lower back and bicep area of sleeves. This gives me a skimming fit that doesn't have negative ease.
I'm currently buying 18 shirts in UK RTW in order to have enough room across the shoulders and in the sleeves.

Annie said...

Love that scoop neck! Beautiful fabric and a lovely make.

Cherie said...

Great use of the beautiful fabric! And with a scarf also. Great job!

Alison said...

I'm totally loving your teal wardrobe components!