Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 4 February 2019

SWAP 2019 and Spring 6PAC - INK colourway

My next project is underway and it is in the INK colourway. This could be imagined I suppose as navy blue but its got a slightly teal edge to it and is very dark. It reminds me of the colour of the Blue-Black Parker Quink Ink in bottles we used for our fountain pens at secondary school in the early 1980s.

I am currently working on the INK knit top which is New Look 6735, the only pattern I have loved so much I have bought it twice at full price.

INK is about as bad as sewing black on dark winter evenings and presumably will photograph like black as well, but I'll still share it.

P.S. I did not pass through into Round 3 of the PR Sewing Bee but that's cool (if slightly disappointing) as it lets me go back to sewing up my plans.
https://sewing.patternreview.com/blog?s=2500361

3 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Really loved your jacket! I love that inky-blue color and can't wait to see what you make.

Katrina Blanchalle said...

The ink is a beautiful shade of blue. Having just finished several navy blue items, I know what you mean about the sewing. I tried to do as much as possible during daylight hours, and if I had to sew at night, I had three regular lamps and an Ottlite all clustered around me.

Vancouver Barbara said...

Sorry they didn’t see fit to let you go on - I think your jacket is superb.