Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 6 March 2019

ReP-A-R-E (RePurposing, Alterations, Repairs and Embellishments) #1

I'm working through a number of ReP-A-R-E projects as my sewing room is overflowing with them.

ReP  - RePurposing
A - Alterations
R - Repair
E - Embellishments

ReP-A-R-E #1 is a RTW dress which is just a tiny bit short for me. So this is probably an embellishment (though its sort of an alteration as well).




The dress had a black mesh section at the front neckline with silver and diamante bead decoration.



I decided therefore that echoing the black with a black stretch lace on the hem would work colour wise and also with the level of dressiness.
There was just enough of the stretch lace left over to also trim the sleeves so I did that too for continuity. The lace came from my stash of haberdashery and it was great to use it all up!

The stretch lace was hand sewn to the inside of the existing hem whilst watching TV. It had one edge which was straight so was easy enough to sew little slip stitches.
I'm not a very fast hand sewer but I'm pleased with the end result of this one.


Another RePARE soon.

Ruthie

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Nice additions. Look like they always belonged there.

Bunny said...

Love it and your changes fit right in. Great update.