Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Summer Sage - Cardigan and Tunic

I had some Sage faux suede which matched the trousers, but is a little paler than the RTW jacket, so I've made it into a StyleArc Nina cardigan. It had been in the stash for some years.
I lengthened the upper body slightly to hit me in a better place. I've also pieced the sleeves.
I found the pieces for this viscose (rayon) tunic already cut out but stuffed into a zip lock. I recall cutting it from a 1990s skirt (many years ago) having decided it would be more useful as a top. The pattern wasn't with it but I think was from a wardrobe pattern, where it was the blouse. Once I pressed it, and got going it was quick to construct.
The neckline is just turned and stitched as are the sleeves. The hem has side splits.
The fabric print seems a little dated now, but the colours are great, and on a hot day going to work it would be good to have.

If you are still with me on the Summer Sage, you'll know that by this point I have
A RTW jacket
A print knit skirt
And a print knit top
Some trousers with turnups
A leaf print top
A cardigan
and a loose tunic blouse

I have a skirt and another pair of trousers in progress, plus more tops and 1 more pair of trousers planned still so will end up with more of a whole SWAP (presuming I can keep going with the colourway!)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the blouse! The colors are great! The Jacket will be such a useful staple.

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

I love that you found a ready-to-go project! :) It is very pretty and the print is fantastic.