Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 28 November 2019

Next project: La Maison Victor Linna Coat

So it seemed like a good idea to make the Linna Coat from La Maison Victor. Although I have a few magazines I've not actually sewn anything from them, just enjoyed reading them.

But I really liked the Linna coat and thought it would be a good pre SWAP challenge, and handy for choir and other serious occasions.

So a bit like Burda pattern sheets the pattern pieces are overlapping on pattern sheets in the centre of the magazine. The LMV sheets are quite small so each piece is in several parts. Seam allowances are not included. (So I need to remember to add them).

The annotations are a bit different to Burda, so it took a little while for me to work out actually where the pattern pieces were on the sheet and how three bits (all in different directions) came together to make piece A (the front). I'm hoping it's going to be a little faster now I've got my eye in and I will carry on another day with the tracing.
There was one point where I was so baffled I considered abandoning it, so glad I persevered even if its made my head hurt a bit.

My coat is going to be black, so I expect it'll be quite a frustrating project all along the way. Let's see how it goes.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Good luck with your coat project - it has a lovely collar and will I'm sure look quite excellent once you are done.

kushami said...

What kind of choir are you in? I used to be in a classical choir through my university. (I live in Australia.) We travelled to Europe and I regretted that I had bought a brown coat because people with black coats could keep them on when we sang in beautiful but cold cathedrals with our feet numbing on the marble floors!