I wasn't sure to start with if I were going to enter, then several things came together.
- choir were having social event
- Prima magazine arrived and had a shirt dress pattern in it
- I came across some fabric I had bought with musical notes on it.
End result was a musical shirt!
Here's the finished shirt, looks at a distance like it might be a paisley or floral design.
But get up close and you can see the musical notes.
The collar came out nicely and you can see the silver rose buttons I used.
Here's the cuff. I cut it extra wide and put 2 buttonholes in the cuff, then folded it back and used only one button through both buttonholes (sort of gives a cufflink effect).
Here's the pattern from March 2020 Prima Magazine. I measured a RTW shirt and cut a curved hem.
It's a simple pattern with no bust darts, the cuff opening in the side seam and a cut on placket, so quite a relaxed fit. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed sewing this, even the collar and buttonholes. I would use it again though probably for another shirt not the dress.
If you are in the UK you can order this pattern through their chargeable phone line (or wait a bit until it turns up on ebay). I've never tried this method as I am a subscriber and have the pattern come with the magazine in the post.