Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 5 July 2020

2nd pair of 'Use what you have' PJs

For this pair I used a remnant of semi sheer shirting in aqua and white stripes, some different aqua lace and a white shoelace for the tie. I sewed two rectangular mother of pearl buttons over the stitching where the straps attach to the front.
This was a shorter length of fabric which had been used already for something else (not by me that I can recall). So on this version the trousers are much more cropped and the top has lots of extra seams and the straps have the stripes in the 'wrong' direction.
For the top I used the simplest camisole from this pattern (a blend of D and E).
And the trousers are old favourite New Look 6216 with the pockets and with the drawstring converted to an elasticised PJ drawstring coming through working buttonholes. This is not on the pattern.

(I have elastic for approx 3/4 of the waist and then stitch 2 lengths of cord, ribbon, shoelace etc, one to each end of the elastic. I make two buttonholes before constructing the waistband, sew the waistband on then thread the whole cord-elastic-cord piece through the waistband casing via the buttonholes. This makes for something which is adjustable, but once adjusted can be easily pulled on. This is my preference for PJs and allows for comfort during tummy fluctuations).

I was very pleased with this pair as it really didn't look like enough fabric but I've managed to get a lovely pair of light summer PJs.
P.S. There is no join in the PJ leg, they are just not ironed!

2 comments:

Doctor T Designs said...

So pretty! This feels like the perfect thing to be sewing right now.

Let's Get Sewing said...

These are great!