Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 12 February 2022

Multi Shirt Completed

I finished and wore my multi fabric shirt before I took a photo, so apologies for the wrinkles.

It is great to wear with jeans to go to the pub!


A friend asked me if it was a CLAUDIO LUGLI shirt, which is a great compliment!

The pattern I used is from March 2020 Prima Magazine (a UK women's magazine).
I shortened the shirt dress pattern to be a shirt.


The fabrics used were all leftovers from other projects - the red paisley was mine, the blue with spots from Auntie A and the floral stripe from my mum.

I used white overlocker thread and white thread for the inner seams (as all the fabrics were printed on a white base). However for the visible stitching (topstitching, buttonholes, hem) I alternated between the red and blue to match the fabric. I lost count of how many times I changed the thread on the sewing machine during construction but it was definitely worth it for the final effect.

3 comments:

kbenco said...

A fun shirt, how lovely to receive a compliment on its first outing.

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Very cool shirt and what a great compliment to your design choices and sewing!

Cennetta said...

I love this shirt. Hmm, something else to add to my list of things to make. I could definitely use one of these to wear with jeans or pants. So 70's, so cute. ;-)