Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 8 July 2022

Woven Tee from Vogue 9246

 

After making the long sleeved blouse from two pieces of fabric both about 1.15cm, I had largish scraps leftover, one full width of the fabric and about 50cm long, and another full width of fabric 40cm long, as well as a small rectangular scrap.

I wanted to use the scraps to make another garment and after a look through my pattern stash Vogue V9246 View C, a woven blouse looked possible.

I used size L flared out a bit at the hipline. I was able to cut the front yoke and body on the fold as per the pattern, though by shortening the sleeves by an inch.

I raised the back neckline by about half an inch and narrowed the front neckline slightly.

To cut the back out I had to include a centre back seam in both the yoke and body, and move the yoke seam down a bit.

I also had some curved scraps left which I was able to use to extend the sleeve length a little bit.

I made 1/2" wide self fabric bias binding and used this to do a bias facing to the neckline.

So a nice cool top out of the scraps.

Vogue 9246 View C woven tee


No comments: