Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 28 May 2023

Sewing Goodies

I'm back from 2 and a half week's holiday, a leisurely multi stop trip down to Cornwall and back seeing lots of different friends and family en route.

Along the way I picked up fabric (from a friend and a family member), patterns (from a friend), Burda Magazine (WHSmiths) and some craft books (Oxfam bookshop), and then came home to a new Prima magazine (with pattern), so lots of sewing inspiration.

We had great weather whilst we were away and its still sunny now we are home again.
I think it is finally time to switch the clothes over and have the summer things out.

I'm not quite sure what to sew next. I have an ongoing SWAP/Capsule Wardrobe2 UFOs and some outstanding WIPGO challenges
Or I could make something with my new fabric and patterns.....




The fabrics are mostly quilting cottons, though there are a few lengths which would be enough for a garment.
There is one piece of rayon viscose which is 3 scarf prints. I'll need to decide the best way to showcase the print.



And another which is a striped jersey with sellotape marks - have to see if they come off in the wash.


2 comments:

Summer Flies said...

Great scores! I'm not sure if you have it in the UK but eucalyptus oil would get that cello tape mark out or orange oil if you have that. I love that red and blue stripe together.

Helenchaffin said...

sounds like aot of great projects in the makings,great finds on the fabrics & patterns