Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 1 October 2023

Olive Cardigan: Harper cardigan hack

 


I wanted both a cardigan and joggers from the olive fabric. I'd already used some of the fabric for another project so it was a real squeeze.

In the end the joggers had a pieced pocket lining, but were otherwise as per the pattern. 

The cardigan needed a bit more tweaking. The version above has the following changes.

- narrower front band

- no hem band, just a stitched hem.

- slightly shorter sleeves and longer cuffs

It's still worked out well though.

3 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Oh I luv it! turned out great!

Cassie said...

This is a nice cardigan. Will go nicely with the olive joggers.
Is this the Harper? Or the Kinder cardigan? I have both patterns now and I’m wondering which you prefer for sewing a knit cardigan. Thanks!

SewRuthie said...

I do prefer the Harper, it's a slimmer fit