Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 21 February 2024

Metra Blazer in a Printed Ponte

 

I've made another Metra blazer, this time in a printed ponte knit.


For this version I made the shawl collar version as I felt that shape was more in keeping with the swirls of the stylised floral print on the fabric.

I kept the full bicep alteration and did a high round back alteration of 1 inch.

When I wore it out for lunch with a friend I wore it with blue jeans (Itch to Stitch Mountain View) and a plain aqua turtleneck (poloneck). It worked well.

I think plain coloured versions would be more versatile, but I'm trying to sew from stash and this was a suitable weight.

2 comments:

LyndaSewing.blogspot.com said...

It looks great, Ruthie.

Debbie Cook said...

It's beautiful! Love those colors. Solid might be more versatile but also a little more boring. I say sew all the prints! LOL!