Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 9 May 2010

What next in the Newspaper Collection?

I have been enjoying the EVEology catalogue which has some great ideas for dressing for different body shapes, creating a capsule wardrobe etc.

In terms of the current 'Newspaper' Collection, I can't quite decide whether to sew more trousers now, or switch over to tops. The trousers take black thread, the tops white.

If I stick with the bottoms, the next item would be black jeans from the side pocket Burda pattern, with added back pockets and red top stitching. If I switch to tops, I have a whole load of options as I have so many nice knits to choose from.

I'm feeling more pro the tops at the moment, so will go and switch the thread over on the machines to white.

I need to tidy up/sort out in my study and so am trying an approach of 30 mins tidying/sorting before I then go and have fun sewing. Let's see how much I can get done in 30 mins!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Jeans with red topstitching sounds fantastic! After so many years of sewing, it is finally starting to sink in that I don't have to follow rules...and if I want red topstitching, or pink, that I can have it! I can't wait to see yours!

Faye Lewis said...

That is a great magazine, I've never seen it before. thanks for sharing.

Jenni said...

Jeans with red topstitching do sound fun. But I vote for the tops. Love the cardiwrap with the black and white top underneath which looks really chic. (previous post but I am just catching up here)