Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 28 January 2011

Moving

I move to my parents tomorrow, and might even sew something on Sunday/Monday if I can find the fabric, pattern, some scissors and the right colour thread. That might be beyond me, but we'll see. My mum used to sew though she's really a knitter now, so I might be able to borrow bits from her if I've not unpacked/can't find things.
I've been moving stuff over there since Christmas and unpacking each trip so its not too chaotic in my new room, if quite full. Apparently I have a lot of stuff and maybe I've been compensating. Ah well.

I'm promising nothing though OK, but have some hope, and a party Wednesday evening which could do with a new dress, and a simple knit dress isn't much harder than a tee to sew (just a bit longer).

:-)

P.S. My parents moved a few times in the 20+ years since I last lived with them, so I've only visited this house as a guest and its in an area that I don't know.

4 comments:

Rhoto said...

There ya go... New adventures. Is this the house you grew up in or a new environment for ya?
Looking forward to seeing you in a pretty party dress!! ;)
Warm greetings,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Sewing Geek said...

I hope your move goes well, Ruthie. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Patti

kbenco said...

I hope you enjoy your transition place and are able to sew. Good wishes.

Carolyn said...

Best wishes with moving, and I hope you get to make that party dress. Sewing one (dress, I mean) sounds like a good excuse to take a break from unpacking, to me!