Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 27 May 2012

A thought....

I'm sewing less these days, but probably living life more, so I'm broadening the remit of my blog to include things which inspire me, things I've created and places I've been. I'll also share any sewing I do actually do :-)

Today I was inspired by this (there are variations on the bird in the first section, this is the Australian version).
A man whispered, “God speak to me!”
and a kookaburra laughed. But the man didn’t hear.

So the man called out, “God speak to me!”
and thunder rolled across the sky. But the man didn’t listen.

The man looked around and said, “God let me see you!”
and a star shone brightly. But the man didn’t see.

Despairingly the man said, “God show me a miracle”
and a life was born. But the man didn’t notice.

Desperate now, the man said, “Love me God’,
and his wife smiled at him. But that was so normal, he missed it.

Feeling completely alone he whispered into the heavens,
“Touch me God and let me know you are here!”
God reached down and touched the man.
But the man brushed the butterfly away and went sadly on his way.

5 comments:

marysews said...

This reminds me of the flooded Mississippi River version:

http://www.ahajokes.com/reg28.html

RhondaBuss said...

So beautiful Ruthie.

Goodbye Valentino said...

Sewing less but living more - that's a nice trade off!

Barbara said...

Very nice, good start to my day, thanks.

Jo Frances said...

What a gift---this was exactly what I needed to hear today! Thank you.