Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 2 November 2014

Winter PAC: Burgundy turtleneck cowl sweater

Here's the second item from the 6PAC, happily this picture has come out with the real colour, which is much darker than the skirt appeared in the previous post. You can see the skirt hanging up behind the top.
The necklace was also made by me and is tiny little faux pearls between oval shaped mother-of-pearl beads which have the shimmering blue green one side but a matt shell pink on the other.

I can't really tell you what this pattern is, though its based on the body from New Look 6414 view C, altered for a forward head and high round back, the long sleeve from Butterick 3344 and a collar I drafted myself which is just a big rectangle the length of the original neckband and made a lot deeper.
In the Autumn and Winter I wear these tops a lot and they are my version of a turtleneck. Due to the forward head fitting problem I can't purchase turtlenecks so this is a great option for me.

4 comments:

Ann Brodsky said...

These are really lovely pieces! I adore your color choices for this set.

SewRuthie said...

Thank you :-) Ruthie xx

BeaJay said...

Lovely. That colour is gorgeous. Great item.

KathyS said...

Lovely colour. I can't bear the strangling aspect of turtlenecks, so cowls are my choice too.