Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 7 November 2014

Craft Fair: Shower Curtain Fabric Shopping Bags

I have a few cushions I made which can go along to the Craft Fair next Saturday but all the shopping bags had sold out at the last one, so I decided to make some out of shower curtain fabric. If you cut the area with the rings off you can get 6 shopping bags out of a standard curtain. 3 across by 2 down. I added toning turquoise webbing handles and plan to sell these for £2 each, which hopefully will be about right for the materials and effort that's gone into them.
Its taken part of three evenings to cut out and sew these up, so hopefully they will appeal to people and sell well.

3 comments:

Lisa Laree said...

These look fabulous, Ruthie. You may have posted about them in the past and I've forgotten...did you draft your own pattern or use a commercial one?

Shower curtain bags...brilliant...

SewRuthie said...

No I don't really have a pattern. They vary a bit depending on the size and shape of the source fabric. They are very simple rectangles with the sides stitched and serged, the top serged and turned under then stitched, handles stitched onto the top. I did make one with a boat on which used a pattern - http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/sailing-boat-shopping-bag.html

Anonymous said...

I love the colours and these bags are a total bargain, when even a Tesco branded one costs £1. Great idea, and waterproof as well.