Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 3 August 2015

Butterick 3972 linen skirt

I bought this gorgeous linen fabric at lunchtime today, came home after work and sewed it into Butterick 3972.


This is a very clever pattern, as the square or triangular pieces are sewn together on the straight grain to make a bias cut skirt, very economically indeed. I had 1.5m (150 wide) of this beautiful printed linen fabric and have got this skirt plus a Kirsten Kimono Top out of it in a size 16 with minimal waste. Hopefully I'll sew the top up tomorrow and share, but it depends if I need to do anything other than spend the whole evening sewing which is what I did today and LOVED it.
I'm going to wear this tomorrow with an unblogged red knit top from NewLook 6735 and a purchased black linen jacket and some black and red organic blob red jewellery

1 comment:

Julie Culshaw said...

clever pattern, your fabric is gorgeous.