Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 13 March 2016

Blue and white stripe tunic length tee

A lovely soft knit fabric in a soft denim blue with narrow stripes. The blue has subtle slubbing which gives a nice texture.
This is based on the free Kimono Tee from Maria Demark though I have made quite a few changes.
In my top version I have made the boat neckline a little narrower and raised the back neckline whilst also scooping the front neckline. I've also extended the sleeves very slightly. I also slightly shaped the side seams to be a bit more curved and flare out at the hip.
In the tunic version I kept all of these changes and lengthened overall by 8.5", continuing the flare of the sides.
It is working well with leggings and a long waterfall cardigan.
Added to the collection. I have a plain long navy cardigan on the go now. It made from a fine sweater knit.


2 comments:

Fabrickated said...

I love this top Ruth, and the whole look is youthful and fun.

Heather said...

That looks really great Ruth. I bought some beautiful striped ponte type fabric on Newark market last week and sewed a simple Breton top - it has made up beautifully, good old £3.00 a yard Tony!