Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 1 July 2016

Panda Print PJ Top

I used the pattern from July 2016 Prima Magazine* to make this matching top for the PJ pants.
 The Prima patterns are often quite simple, and as a subscriber I get the pattern every month autmatically. This one is for a V neck top or dress with several variations. Mine is slightly shorter than the one with ties.
Again due to fabric limitations I have had to ignore any attempt at pattern matching or pleasing pattern placement so have various half pandas which is a slight shame. However it will not stop me enjoying wearing them one bit.

I used purple buttons from the stash which toned quite well with the purple spots between the pandas. I hand sewed them on using matching purple thread so that they have a solid purple circle appearance.

*Prima magazine is a UK general women's magazine which includes a simple free pattern every month. Subscribers get it included with the pattern, but I think if you buy it from the paper shop you have to send off for the pattern and pay postage.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just adorable! Never heard of Prima ,looks like a good publication.

Lovenicky said...

I miss the Prima UK magazine patterns! I made quite a few pieces of garment from there previously. I love this fabric. It makes me smile just looking at it! You must have very joyous sweet dreams wearing them!

Jenni said...

Ooh, very cute and lots of fun too.

Sarah Liz said...

Just reading the story of the panda makes -I think these pj's are just gorgeous.