Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Ivory Broderie Anglaise Wrap Blouse - Butterick 4395

I used some ivory broderie anglaise from deep in the stash for this pretty wrap blouse.
Being ivory it should work with a lot of pieces without the starkness of white.

I made View D with shorter sleeves due to fabric limitations. I had 2m of fabric, but only of a narrow 115cm width.
I cut a size 18. I cut both ties full length, I slightly angled the back to get a narrower back neck and wider hip. I feel the upper back is slightly too tight so wouldn't do that again. I like the shaping from the back darts. I added 1/2" to the front neckline to reduce gaping and its quite a modest wrap, probably helped by the fact that I don't have a large bust. The sleeves inserted beautifully with no puckering with just the usual ease stitching, so very pleased with how well drafted they are. There's an awful lot of narrow hemming on this and I was getting a bit bored with that by the end, but it does give a nice finish. I like how the wrap is on the striaght grain as this seems to help with it not gaping.
My fabric is semi-sheer and full of holes, so I'll probably wear a camisole underneath, especially for work!


3 comments:

Alison said...

Your wrap top looks very spring-like, and I can imagine it being worn (under a jacket, with a camisole) with many of your new SWAP possiblities. What a good choice, and I hope it turns out to be very versatile for you.

Catherine said...

What a pretty top. I think it's one of my favorites to come out of your SWAP.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love your wrap top, and such pretty fabric. Happy sewing.