Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Simple teeshirt style blouse

I made this simple t-shirt style blouse using my current favourite New Look 6216. I flared it out slightly at centre front and back by angling the pattern piece slightly away from the fold and cut it out of a linen mix woven.
It seems to have worked out OK though it needs a little press. I just overlocked the hems, turned and topstitched with the straight stitch on the sewing machine.

I originally made a skirt in August 2015 using this fabric, so hopefully now have a dress look with the two together.
I am also planning a wrap blouse, but may run out of time and energy before I get to that point!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely top, which perfectly highlights your colours

Faye Lewis said...

So cute.

Catherine said...

Nice top. Love the print you used.

Lovenicky said...

I like these easy to make and easy to wear t-shirt style blouses too! They are so versatile.

Edris said...

Cute top! I just bought this pattern and hope to whip up several of these.