Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 9 March 2021

My first quilt block - easy beginners log cabin

Whilst I'm not sure my fabrics are all quite right I've cut a load of 2 and a half inch strips and had a go at making this simple log cabin block.

Log Cabin Quilt Block Pattern Tutorial - Big Block! (scrapish.com)


So far I have made 6 blocks, and I need to cut more strips for the longer pieces.

I'm hoping to make 12 blocks and arrange them 3 by 4.

So it would look something like this


or rather like this.


Hmmm



2 comments:

Brigid said...

An excellent beginning. I love the red hearth at the center of your block.

Carol in Denver said...

I love your block! There are many different ways to assemble log cabin blocks, very versatile. You may have inspired me to dig out the box of strips I cut many, many years ago!