Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Window seat cushions

 My friend B has restored an old house. She's done a beautiful job and its full of quirky original details.

One of these is a very low windowsill in the dining area off the kitchen, which she'd always fancied using as a window seat.

Ages ago (pre covid) I'd promised I'd make a cushion for the window seat, we'd even selected fabric from my stash but got no further. Recently I asked her to make a template of the windowsill due to the odd shape, which she posted through my door, and I then had great fun making an inner and a cushion cover, and using the leftovers to make a tiny envelope back cushion.


She collected it today, took it home and it fits well, which makes me very pleased indeed. She sent me this photo of it in situ.

(Given the ongoing lockdown in England this was made completely from stash, including the outer fabric, zip, thread, inner fabric, wadding, foam, stuffing etc. I even had the piping cord in my cupboard). 

3 comments:

Marosie said...

That looks awesome! Your friend must be tickled pink!

Brigid said...

Love this!

Kay said...

What a wonderful gift, that keeps on giving! I love it!