Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 29 April 2022

Leopard print and cream jim jams

I've just used my favourite elastic waist trousers (New Look 6216) and my favourite knit top (New Look 6735) with a few alterations.


For the trousers I added inseam pockets instead of the angled pockets in the pattern as I felt they would work better in this very soft viscose knit.

The waistband has a combined elastic and drawstring waistband (using a shoelace for the drawstring part). To support this I interfaced a small part of the front of the waistband and made 2 buttonholes for the shoelace ends to come out and be tied.


For the top I sewed as per the pattern, although I added cuffs to the 3/4 sleeves in the print. Both the print (viscose knit) and the plain (cotton mini rib knit) have poor recovery so I inserted elastic into the neckband as I constructed it.

The hems are done on the twin needle on the sewing machine. Hopefully the neckline and hem will look a little better after after pressing.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love this set! My kind of style (and print).