Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 7 June 2023

Soft teal baby cord shirt

 Many years ago I bought a length of soft blue/grey/teal babycord with a section of beading and embroidery across it.

I think I'd intended to make a gathered skirt, but as I don't really wear them it stayed uncut in my stash.

It has now been turned into a shirt. To maximise the embroidered section I cut the front and back with the detail running near the hem, the sleeves, collar and cuffs are plain, though I did need to line the cuffs with a contrast scrap of paisley cotton from Auntie Joy's stash.

front

side

fabric details

cuff detail

back

For the pattern I used the Prima March 2020 shirtdress cut down to a shirt. It is a very economical pattern for short yardages.


4 comments:

Doctor T Designs said...

I love this shirt! It's a spectacular use of the fabric.

Helenchaffin said...

what a beautiful shirt,luv the embroidered bottom

Catherine said...

Lovely shirt! Great use of the fabric.

Alison said...

This shirt really ties in well with your SWAP concept and also hearkens back to your original inspiration of the beautiful paisley pattered fabric. Kudos galore!!