Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 26 June 2023

Skirt Suit for a Friend

 I've done some more sewing for my friend C. She really likes blue.

This blue tee is based on Simplicity 8376. I've added an FBA, shortened the body and scooped the front neck slightly. I also slightly lengthened the sleeves and then added a hem band, so the sleeves are now nearer to elbow length.



This blue jacket is based on the jacket in Simplicity 9473 with an FBA and the hems straightened out.


Then I took the skirt panels from the S9473 dress, added a little at the waist and put on an elasticated waistband.
The three pieces can be worn together as a skirt suit.

When C came to try the clothes on, only the skirt fitted as is. The jacket was made into a V neck style as the upper neckline kept flipping out, larger sleeves added (as the original ones were too tight) and the hem shortened (more at the back than the front).
The tee was too big in the back and the sleeves and was taken in.

I'd also made a dress (not pictured which was OK in the sleeves, too long in the body and too wide in the back.

I am learning what alterations I need to make for things to fit C nicely.

No comments: