Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 3 August 2023

Poppy Print Dress

 I've been sewing for my friend C again.


This is a cotton fabric printed with a poppy design.


The dress is based on View A, in Size XL.
I made a few changes
- flared the back by moving the centre fold 2.5" at the bottom.
- added a notch for side pockets (this finished 14" from the hem and about 7" long)
- added sleeve extension, to give a bigger cap sleeve
moved the tuck and ties down by 3.5"
I did not do the french seams as this wouldn't work with side pockets. I used self binding on the neck facing.

-----
Updated to add I made a floral version of the same dress for C.
For this one I narrowed the neckline by an inch on each side and raised the back neckline. Otherwise it's the same as the last version.



1 comment:

LinB said...

Add an extension to a side seam, about 5/8" and the length of the pocket bag. French or flat-fell seam the pocket bags to those extensions. THEN you can French seam the whole side seam including the pockets.

Took me about 60 years to figure that out. Works a treat.