Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 1 March 2009

Weekend report


I've just got back from a weekend in Harrogate (North Yorkshire). I was in Harrogate for a church women's conference on Saturday, and then arranged to meet up with Yorkshire Lass since she lives locally.
I had a great time with both YorkshireLass (Jenni) and YorkshireRock (Jenni's mum) who are participating in the SWAP 2009 on Stitcher's Guild. I was able to see the things they have sewn so far - very, very nice, and they are both almost done and hang out in their very tidy sewing rooms. As well as meeting the canine members of the family.

Today Jenni spent most of the day helping me fit some muslins I had made. (thank you so much!!)
We had really good success with McCall's 5522, which also has a large number of rave reviews on Patternreview and was relatively straightforward to alter for me. Jenni also drafted up a sleeve to fit my arm, as I always have terrible trouble with sleeves being too tight on the upper arm.
The HotPatterns great white shirt muslin fits well in the back, but despite being the A/B cup version the front has a huge dart more suitable for a much larger cup size. We have mothballed that muslin as we could not get far with it.
The last one to try was New Look 6513 which is getting closer but is not quite there yet. We ran out of time but had nearly cracked it, but I needed to set off home (2hr drive) so we had to call it a day.

I had a fabulous time seeing the SWAP garments and hanging out with lovely sewing ladies.
I've got to get my head down now and work for my exam for a couple of weeks but once that's done I'll be back sewing in earnest.

And I will do a version of the McCall's shirt for the SWAP.
I am so excited at the idea of having a shirt which might fit me :-)

1 comment:

Rhoto said...

What a nice time you have had, eh!! AND you have sewing partners to help you fit!! Wonderful!!
Looking forward to your review, Ruthie!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)