Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 13 September 2009

May 2004 Knot front top

Shams asked about this twist top. Its taken from Burda World Of Fashion magazine May 2004 - so not a recent issue, but it does have an interesting neckline which would work well with a suit jacket for the office.
Its #111 if you have the magazine.

It comes only in sizes 34, 36, 38 and 40 (slightly small for me I suspect) and has raglan sleeves.

reviews on Pattern review of this pattern

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?CompanyID=3&search=search&PatternNumber=05-2004-111

I have traced and cut out this pattern to try. I've added a bit to the side seams and had to cut about 7cm off the sleeves to get them to fit onto the fabric.
Anyway we'll see what it looks like when sewn up. I used an inexpensive fabric in blue with navy flowers which I quite like but won't be too upset about if it doesn't quite work.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am very much looking forward to seeing your version of this top. I agree that it will be a good neckline for wearing with jackets and it should make a very pretty top and quite unusual too (in a very good way)