Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 31 October 2009

Inspired by the Sea Wardrobe


When I came back from a late summer holiday I posted this mood board I created inspired by a boat trip.

Then my work really kicked off and my sewing slowed right down as work cut into free time.
Then I had a bit of a crunch day at work which woke a few people up and my workload got backed off a bit, ta- da time to sew again.

So today I fished out all the stash fabrics which worked with the mood board, and chose things which will meet the Pattern Review Wardrobe contest. Really this is a 3 month contest and I only have one month (November) of it left, so I have chosen a simplified wardrobe as follows:-


Teal lined wool jacket - no collar, 1 button fastening from a Prima Pattern
4 pairs of trousers all from the same pattern - I shall use a TNT, probably Simplicity 4638
(navy denim, navy washable wool, navy pinstripe wool, teal corduroy)
6 knit tops - probably from different knit top patterns I have used before ie cowl neck, scoop neck, shell etc (various shades/prints of teal and turquoise)

So this will be my Wardrobe in a month (WIAM), which is like doing a whole SWAP in a month.

Is that insane? I think its quite achievable actually, but I guess you'll have to watch this space to see if I can do it.

Also in November I am going to go across to Harrogate to the 'Knitting and Stitching Show' and will get to hang out with Jenni (aka Yorkshire Lass) as well which I am really looking forward to.

P.S. I hemmed the teal knit dress and moved it through to the wardrobe, and plan to wear it to work on Monday. I might even try and take a 'whole Ruthie' picture, but photos are not allowed in the office, so not quite sure when that might be.

No comments: