Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 1 November 2009

TEAL - refashion


Whilst I had teal on the sewing machine and overlocker I decided to refashion this top.

I originally made this top for SWAP 2007 when i was a size 18, and it looked like this. It did not fit very well even then, and I entered it with the loose serger threads still hanging down and never wore it.
I always planned to recut it to fit and today was the day.
I cut open the side seams, removed the sleves, recut the front back and sleeves from TNT knit patterns and sewed it all back up. I have left the neckline alone. Its a nice, if very deep and wide scoop neckline and I didn't want to mess with it.

Because the neckline is so open I guess it will be more of a Spring top than one I'll wear much now, but I'll try to give it an outing this week.

Today I also cut out three different teal tops which I want to get sewn up.

- teal stretch crushed velvet, HotPatterns Cowl Neck Top
- teal viscose knit, Simplicity 4076 knot front top
- teal/white print top - Jalie cross over top.

I am also about to cut up and old RTW cardigan and refashion that as well, and then the sewing machine will be humming away and Classic FM will be on in the background (as long as there is no opera).

3 comments:

Ann said...

Why not wear it with a cute little camisole underneath for the winter. That way you will be warmer.
Ann

sdBev said...

What Ann said! Would be a shame to do all this work and not get to wear it.

SewRuthie said...

Lol ladies, I had already found a suitable camisole in the drawer and put it out to wear with the top. great mind think alike :-)