Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 16 November 2009

Buttonholes done + moved on to navy


The buttonholes are done on the teal wool jacket. The fray check is drying, and I only need to hand sew the buttons on and give the jacket a final press and its completely done.

I must admit I am kind of glad to see the back of teal thread for now, and it shows how sad I am that I was pleased to rethread the machines in - wait for it - navy blue.

In a break from the usual, I am sewing a pencil skirt from Simplicity 9825. The reasons are twofold, one to see if I can wear a pencil skirt instead of the more flowing styles I normally go for which are comfortable, but admittedly can be frumpy and the other purely a practical one, that this was fairly short yardage and too short for trousers so a pencil skirt it is.
I am using stretch navy denim and I am constructing the front and back separately and then sewing up the sides so I can tweak the fit a little. Usually I have a gap at the back waist even if a garment fits everywhere else, so I will probably have to alter here unless I have the skirt riding very low on the hips.

I am making view B without the pockets.

1 comment:

Rhoto said...

WOW, Ruthie!! This skirt's got 25 Reviews on PR!! AND from "well-known" sewers...
THAT ought to help, eh ;)
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)