Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 28 November 2009

Simplicity 2603 Misses Knit Top and Cardi-Wrap,


I've just finished the Simplicity cardi-wrap (aka cosy) in navy blue.
I used fabric from the stash which is quite stretchy, smooth one side and had tiny loops on the other - I think this might be french terry but am not sure. Because of the loops this does fray so I have serged all the edges. My navy serger thread was slightly lighter so it does show which I don't think is great.
The only change I made was to cut the sleeves longer, and then turn up the extra to make faux cuffs. Its a nice neat finish to the sleeves.

Because it is a heavier fabric than ideal its quite bulky when used for some of the options, but it does work nicely and I am reasonably happy with it.
I am going to make the scoop neck top from this pattern as well in the same fabric.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

The serger thread showing is a nice touch and with all your outfits I think it will look great.

Your pants also look great and I can't wait to see it all put together.

For someone that has had a tooth implant (my Dentist keeps suggesting this for me for the same reasons you lost a tooth) you are sewing up a storm.

Jenni said...

I really like this and hope to see it on you at some point... when you are not trying to sew like the wind to get the deadline met. :)
Jenni