Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 27 February 2011

Planning to Sew

Life has calmed down a little now I am living full time at my parents, and having sorted a box today I am hoping to do some sewing this evening. (I have a target of a box a day to work through unsorted boxes I brought with me).
I'd quite like to make the Hot Patterns drape neck top in ivory viscose (rayon) knit, but its dependant on finding all the bits - pattern, fabric etc.
I also have a week to make 3 cushion covers with the initials M, R and T on for my nieces and nephew for their various birthdays.
Oh and work full time obviously. That might involve going into the office though as I have mislaid my non standard Blackberry charger! If I could find the charger I could WFH tomorrow which would be nice..... so its depends, perhaps that should be my first activity this evening.

I don't know about the rest of the sewing community but if I go too long between sewing sessions I start to get a bit twitchy.
I am not going to be able to do SWAP this year, and frankly I probably have enough clothes already anyway, but I might they and do a small capsule either as part of the PR contest or the Spring Sew Along on SG.

I also hope to intersperse the posts with a few pictures of the sewing related goodies I was given as gifts for Christmas/Birthday, though that is dependant on me finding everything!

3 comments:

marysews said...

One box a day is a good goal. We moved in October, and still have a few boxes to unpack.

Rhoto said...

;),
Warm greetings,
Rhonda

Jenni said...

Looking forward to seeing the results of your sewing as always. Your plan to reward yourself with sewing sounds good and I know what you mean about getting twitchy without the sewing.