Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine's Day

Dear lovely readers of the blog, I'd like to wish you a happy Valentine's day and thank you for the times when you stop by and write nice comments. Its always appreciated.
I'm separated and going through divorce right now so the romantic side of things doesn't do much for me at the moment as I am sure you can imagine. However I'm taking a few minutes out to think about my great family and wonderful friends and be happy that people care for me. And to all those others who are not part of a happy couple (whether by choice or not) please don't be downhearted, you have family and friends who love and care for you, and you can still be whole even if you are not part of a couple.

I don't write about my religious beliefs much here, as its a sewing blog, but I am a Christian and my relationship with God is very important to me.
Knowing that I am a precious and loved child of Father God has been essential for my well being over the last few months.

12 comments:

Julie Culshaw said...

God bless you Ruthie, I figured that you were having a tough time and I think you are brave to show your faith to us. I too find my faith to be the rock of my life. Thank you for telling us and for wishing everyone happiness.

Rhoto said...

<3... Happy We Love Ya Day, Ruthie!!
Rhonda

"God LOVES you simply because He has chosen to do so.
He LOVES you when you don’t feel lovely.
He LOVES you when no one else LOVES you.
Others may abandon you, divorce you, and ignore you,
but God will LOVE you.
Always.
No matter what".

--Max Lucado

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing, Ruthie.
Will be praying for you during this tough transition.

Sharon said...

Ruthie, thank you for sharing, I thought as much, I have been there myself. Friends and family make it easier and your faith in your religion will support you through all lifes ups and downs.

a little sewing said...

Happy Day to you Ruthie. Lovely post.

Cyndi Deal said...

Ruthie,

You are brave and strong. You have a lot of friends out here pulling for you. Have a great day whatever you celebrate.

I have been watching you sew and and blog for going on 3 or 4 years now and have never posted before. I appreciate your joyful use of color and fearlessness to try new things. -Cyndi

MushyWear said...

My heart goes out to you. I too will lift you up in prayer. I can't imagine life without my Lord and Savior. Thank you for sharing. Sending you a hug from the sunshine state.

velosews said...

I hope you had a good day and were surrounded my people who support and love you. That's a basic must have in my books. Cheers.

Ann said...

Happy Valentines Day Ruthie even if it is a day late for you. You are doing so well in your current situation. You are a strong person who has a great support system in place; friends and your religious beliefs. That will get you through this difficult period of time.
Ann

gwensews said...

Life changes are so often difficult. Take one day at a time, one moment at a time. Get through one day, and then the next. Wishing you the best.

Anonymous said...

Faith is such a help when times are hard. You do have lots of people who care about you, both IRL and online.

Unknown said...

{{Hugs}} and hang in there.