Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 28 July 2012

Sewing Olympics: 5 Garment Challenge - after Day 1

I moved my furniture around a bit in the living room so I could open my gateleg table out and still see the TV. This worked even better than I expected and seems pretty stable with the sewing machine and overlocker on.

The print jersey top with cowl neck just needs coverhemming and it'll be complete. Then I will have completed my first ring!

 As a Brit I found the opening ceremony very moving, and loved the suffragists, the celebration of children's literaure and the National Health Service. Nearly every reference rang true (some of the more modern music left me a bit cold, but perhaps just showing my age!).

It was on suprisingly late, and sorry everyone after Canada, I'll have to watch you from the recording!

I'll hem the top this evening, and share a picture, before moving on to ring 2, a jersey knit dress.

1 comment:

velosews said...

I cried when the past olympic athletes hugged the current olympic athletes. The opening ceremony was so much better than the sydney opening ceremony.