Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 29 July 2012

Sewing Olympics: 5 Garment Challenge - the third completed garment

The third garment is complete. This is the simple scoop neck tank from New Look 6414. I lengthened it by about 2 inches as I want to tuck it in as an underlayer piece. I can always shorten it if I decide its too long. I did a standard (for me) forward head adjustment, and flared out from a 16 round the neck/airmhole/bust to an 18 at the hip. All the hems are coverhemmed which worked quite well except at the most curved parts of the underarm where the stitching did not quite catch for a short distance.
Also in this fabric I have cut out New Look 6071 dress, with long sleeves and the skirt lengthened by 3.5" to bring it just below the knee. I'll probably start sewing that later in the week, but am very happy with the progress so far.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Very smart and I can see that becoming a very useful pattern in your stable of staples.

Ann said...

Very nice clothing so far. It looks like your autumn sewing is coming along well. Keep up the good work.

Kyle said...

OOh! Great top and can't wait to see this fabric in NL6071--my very favorite dress of all time!

Jane M said...

What a beautiful new top. Love that fabric and I bet this pattern will become a new favorite.

gwensews said...

That's a terrific top. You are going to win those Olmpics at this pace!

RhondaBuss said...

Way to go Ruthie!!!!

soisewedthis said...

Very cute! Love the fabric

Katharine said...

Congratulations on your third ring for the Sewing Olympics!