Have made a lot of progress, mostly with plain skirts/trousers with textured jackets.
also ironed all the shirts and blouses as that makes them more likely
to get worn. Mended the hem on some other trousers, and reorganised how
it is all hung in the wardrobe
I found a textured navy jacket which
works with the navy trousers. I'd put it to one side to switch the
buttons, but that can be done another time.
Now to go through the
knit tops and pick out the smartest ones which could be used with
suits. I could also use a few pencil skirts in my wardrobe.
Variations I have come up with so far.
Jacket & pants (or skirt) ie suit - if plain, or very fine stripe,
wear with shirt or tops which co-ordinate e.g. striped shirt.
jacket, e.g tweed, bright colour etc - plain dark pants/skirt, and
either similar plain dark top OR a plain top which picks up a colour in
Slightly hard to match jacket - plain dark dress
Non matching trousers, this is the one I am still struggling with and most of my Ruthiemade ones are in this category sadly.
wondering what to wear with some lovely camel wool trousers. They were
bought as an outfit with 2 print blouses and plain co-ordinating
cardigans, but the cardiagans are too casual, and not really warm enough
for the weight of the wool trousers.
I've rehung all the stuff which hangs up and refolded all the knit tops, so progress of sorts I guess.
The orphan trousers are still in the sewing room as are a couple of query skirts.
I've hung on the outside of the wardrobe doors (its a 5 door fitment) seven outfits (for five working days, gives me choice).
In each one I have only one 'Whimsical' element ie colour/print in the hope of keeping things more professional. They are
- Dark brown pinstripe suit. Cream and brown jungle print knit top, Orange cami and orange pendant necklace.
- Camel wool trousers. Ivory satin crinkle blouse, ivory linen mix jacket. Neutral pendant.
- Tweed jacket in red with black, grey and white check. Charcoal grey pants and top, chunky silver necklace.
- Black pinstripe trouser suit. Dark red silk blouse with red/gold necklace and gold earrings.
- Navy wide leg trousers, navy marl jacket. Blue and white stripe fitted shirt. Navy/silver necklace and silver earrings.
- Crinkle blouse in a black and white print, black trousers, grey marl jacket and a black/grey/white necklace.
- Black and lime boucle skirt suit. Lime shirt with pewter buttons.
There are only 5 working days, but I have some choice depending on how I feel that particular morning.