Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 21 March 2015

Wheat chenille chair

Back in 2012 I bought this second hand office chair to use in the sewing room (picture from the shop)
Today I recovered it in a wheat coloured chenille upholstery fabric and its much more suited to my decor.
I choose to have things in neutral colours these days, adding pop with pictures, vases, candles, books etc.
I'm really pleased with this project, which I did done the other end of the room whilst DBF was watching the earlier rugby matches.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not take any in progress shots.
DBF helped me take the chair apart so I could recover it, and then I put it back together again myself.
We separated the wheels, seat and back from each other.

The moulded back was attached by 4 plastic notched prongs, which fitted into 4 holes in the back of the padded part. We only could tell this once DBF had wrenched it apart using sheer force, once recovered I just lined the prongs up with the holes againand pushed firmly until it clicked in.

These prongs were spaced across the back, in the middle not too near the edge.

2 comments:

Little Mouselet said...

Thanks for the tip on disentangling the office chair - I have a similar bright blue chair at my sewing desk which clashes terribly with our living room, but fits my petite frame. (I've been dipping into older posts from some of my favourite bloggers while many of my usual activities are cancelled. No travel time = more sewing time and more time to read about making things. Thanks for sharing so many of your ideas)

SewRuthie said...

Glad it was helpful. I am still using the chair, though its now migrated to my home office where it has seen daily use for working from home. Its probably due for a replacement soon as its getting a little tired.