Last year drape front cardigans were everywhere. I bought 3 in different colours - dark burgundy, dark navy and dark green. Unfortunately they were not that flattering on me though I wore them anyway.
This year I noticed the cardigan in the shops whilst still long were now straight and this was much more flattering. I thought about donating my drape front ones, or maybe cutting them up using my cardigan pattern, however after a bit of experimentation I realised if I just cut a small section out of the back neck and sewed it back together I could get a straight shawl collar cardigan. So I gave it a try.
So here's what the cardigan looked like before. Those long tails hung down, and the bulk added visual weight to my tummy and hips.
I'm really pleased with the outcome and the other two are for the same treatment later in the week.
Let me know if you would like a few more pictures showing the process
and I will try on the next one. It makes complete logical sense to me
because I sew the Prima cardigan so much, so use the pattern piece and
instructions as a guide, however I imagine that it doesn't work for
A similar style currently would be McCall's 6084
So the new front is a shape a bit more like this only more angular and with a wider collar.