Adventures in garment construction. (Plus random thoughts, photos of interesting places and stuff I've made!)
Once you choose hope, anything is possible.
Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Navy and Green cardigan alterations
I loved the altered dark burgundy cardigan so much that I later altered the navy one from the same shop.
Here it was before
And then after the alteration.
I also altered a dark green one I bought in a different place which was a slightly less extreme drape at the front. Here's some in progress shots to show what I did.
First I laid the cardigan out on the cutting board, folded in half, and pinned the section I was going to cut away.
I then removed this section carefully, leaving some of the collar section as a seam allowance for later.
I then sewed the finished edges of the remaining area together, this will form the new cente back neck/centre collar.
I then refolded this to stitch the neck edge back together (the new centre back neck seam is underneath in this shot).
The new cardigan then looks like this! I really love this one. I wore it less last year and the collar was less extreme so the conversion is quite smart.
I only had three of this style and they've all been converted now. I saved the self belts and the pieces I cut from the back necks as they could be useful for something......