Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Monday Market Fabric Stall - recent purchases

I wanted to share my latest fabric purchases from Tony who runs a fabric stall on Chesterfield open air market on a Monday.
If you'd like to see Tony's lovely fabrics he is available as follows:
Monday, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Wednesday, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Friday, Lichfield, Staffordshire
on the open air market of each town from 7am - 5pm
Top Left - 3m of lining fabric bought last week. This was £1.99 a metre and will work well for lining jackets and skirt.
Bottom Left - 3m of tie dye brown jersey bought last week. This was £2.99 a metre and I plan it to be leggings and tops.
Right - 3m of a wonderful jaquard fabric in black, dark brown and medium brown which I bought on Monday. This was £3.99 a metre and I bought all that was left. This will be a jacket which hopefully will work with black and brown separates. There would be enough over for a straight skirt and maybe even a bag, though I would not wear them all together.
I think I would use the jacket from New Look 6082 for the leaf woven jaquard.I wonder when I will get round to sewing it up?
The leaf is my favourite motif so I love fabrics which use it, particularly in my particular colour palette.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Looks like it will work well. I like the lead motif, too.