Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Teal flared midi skirt

I thought the Teal collection could do with some bottoms as well as all those tops, so here is a simple skirt.

Years ago I traced the skirt panel from a RTW dress I liked. The original dress is long gone but I still have that pattern piece. Here I've cut the front on the fold, and the centre back has a seam. I've also added a yoke which includes an elastic waistband. I used 2" wide elastic zigzagged to the jersey, folded over and stitched at the saides and back.
It can also be worn with the previous knit top for a dress look but that's a lot of tealiness!
I've styled it with a necklace and belt to give a bit more shape and sense of outfit.
I fill the tummy and hips out a bit more than Doris the Dummy does, but it gives the overall idea.

4 comments:

Terri K said...

Ruthie you have created an exceptional collection there. It's very polished, and I'm sure you will look great in those colors, and esp good for Spring that we are all looking forward to! (have been having problems posting comments w/ Google)

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com said...

Great wardrobe basics. Love the color.

Ann said...

Great pieces Ruthie. The all teal outfit is terrific office to dinner as you can use a shawl in another color. You could use a brown or cream to break the teal.

Ann

JuliaRu said...

I think your teal outfit looks lovely!